Not registered?

Useful Information

Need Help? Call:

+44 (0) 203 356 2777

USA Information

Who needs a US visa?

Anyone who is not eligible to enter the United States visa free under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), or is not exempt from the visa requirement, or whose registration has been denied under ESTA.

The Visa Waiver Program

You will qualify for travel under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) if you are a citizen of the United Kingdom, Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium Brunei, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, or Switzerland:

•    travelling on a valid, full validity, machine readable or e-passport with an electronic chip. The date on which your passport was issued is an important factor in determining whether your passport will be acceptable for visa-free travel; 

•    for business, pleasure or transit for less than 90 days. Visa-free travel does not include those who plan to study, work or remain in the United States for more than 90 days;

•    is not ineligible to receive a visa under U.S. visa law. Travellers who have been arrested, those with criminal records, certain serious communicable illnesses, those who have been refused admission into, or have been deported from, the United States, or have previously overstayed on the VWP are not eligible to travel visa free under the Visa Waiver Program.  

 Plus, if entering the United States by air or sea is:

•    holding a return or onward ticket. If travelling on an electronic ticket, a copy of the itinerary must be carried for presentation to U.S. immigration at the port of entry.

•    entering the United States aboard an air or sea carrier that has agreed to participate in the program.

•    is in possession of a completed form I-94W, obtainable from airline and shipping companies;


•    has received authorization to travel under ESTA